Rule proposals and other deadlines
We're a little late in getting to this this winter, but it's time to submit any rule proposals if you have anything you'd like to see changed. Please submit all proposals no later than Friday, Dec. 6, and we will vote on changes.
It's also time for annual league dues, which can be submitted now via Paypal or personal check, whichever works best for you. Please submit your $25 contribution by Dec. 15. If you have a conflict, please let me know ASAP and we can work out an alternate deadline for you. I'll consider this your commitment to the 2014 season, so please let me know if you are not planning to return.
As usual, the deadline for submitting your cutdowns will be Jan. 1. Please send in your 35-man roster by that date. Remember, you may cut draft choices if you would prefer to keep a player instead. You may also cut below 35 in order to participate in the bonus rounds of 8 or higher.
Huskies capture MMDA championship
Congratulations to the Northeast Huskies, who capped a six-year run of regular-season domination with a championship, topping the Northwest Stars in seven games to capture the MMDA World Series. John Tresca's club led the league with 115 wins during the regular season, landing in a familiar place: atop the Northeast Division (named for its geographic location, though it could just as well be in honor of its dominant team). That marked six consecutive seasons in which the Huskies have either won the division outright or tied for first.
Since bringing up the rear with a 54-108 record in 2007, the Huskies have gone 659-313, good for a .678 winning percentage. During that span they posted the best record in the league three times (2009, 2012, 2013). For all that dominance, however, there is one thing that eluded them: a title. In five years the Huskies have advanced to the final series only once, falling to the Bulldogs in seven games in 2009. But this year they rolled through, topping the West Side Bluejays in five games in the first round of the playoffs, then withstanding the defending champion Goldenrod Gators in six games in the semi-finals.
The Stars, however, took the Huskies to the brink with a seven-game challenge. The final game was an epic, 17-inning affair the home club won in 17 innings on a two-run shot by DH David Ortiz.
As of Dec. 7, 2013
- The Stars traded Roadrunners 1 to the Hooded Crows for OF Jason Heyward.
- The Stars traded CF Dexter Fowler to the Fighting Irish for 3B David Freese.
- The Jive traded RHP Chris Perez and Jive 6 to the Dodgers for RHP Joe Nathan.
- The Jive traded C Josh Thole and Jive 4 to the Flying Dutchmen for OF Scott Hairston and Dutchmen 7.
- The Huskies traded RHP Ervin Santana to the Maulers for OF Coco Crisp.
- The Huskies traded LHP Javier Lopez and Huskies 4 to the Maulers for Nighthawks 4.
- The Maulers traded Maulers 1 to the Drivers for 1B Adam LaRoches and Drivers 4.
- The Drivers traded LHP Travis Wood to the Dutchmen for LHP Sean Burnett and Dutchmen 4.
- The Huskies traded SS Mike Aviles to the Roadrunners for OF Ryan Kalish.
- The Dodgers traded OF B.J. Upton to the Roadrunners for 2B Neil Walker.
- The Crows traded Roadrunners 1 and Crows 1 to the Dutchmen for LHP Clayton Kershaw.
- The Huskies traded OF Ryan Sweeney, OF Jose Tabata, and OF Alex Presley to the Blackhawks for OF Jesus Guzman.
- The Dodgers traded Dodgers 6 to the Gators for OF Alfonso Soriano.
- The Razorbacks traded C Chris Stewart to the Jive for 2B Justin Turner.
- The Dodgers traded LHP Matt Thornton to the Maulers for Maulers 4.
- The Gators traded Gators 6 to the Manatees for 2B Jamey Carroll.
- The Pilots traded C Kurt Suzuki and Pilots 4 to the Manatees for LHP Ricky Romero.
- The Stars traded OF Andrew McCutchen, 3B David Freese, Stars 3 (2013), and Stars 2 (2014) to the Maulers for LHP Madison Bumgarner, 3B Kyle Seager, RHP Rafael Soriano, and Maulers 1 (2014).
- The Stars traded Stars 1 (2013), Razorbacks 4 (2013), and 3B Placido Polanco to the Crows for 1B Edwin Encarnacion.
- The Dodgers traded DH David Ortiz to the Huskies for Huskies 2 (2013) and Huskies 3 (2014).
- The Pilots traded RHP Edwin Jackson to the Breakers for Breakers 2 (2013).
- The Pilots traded RHP Joel Hanrahan to the Nighthawks for Nighthawks 2 (2013).
- The Pilots traded 1B Todd Helton to the Irish for Irish 6 (2013).
- The Pilots traded 2B/OF Ben Zobrist to the Bluejays for Irish 1 (2013) and Bluejays 3 (2013).
- The Drivers traded RHP Aaron Harang to the Roadrunners for Roadrunners 5 (2013).
- The Dodgers traded RHP Randall Delgado and LHP Antonio Bastardo to the Dutchmen for LHP Wandy Rodriguez and RHP Mitchell Boggs.
- The Jive traded LHP Chris Sale and Jive 5 (2013) to the Bluejays for Bluejays 1 (2013).
- The Pilots traded Pilots 1 (2013) to the Nighthawks for Nighthawks 5 (2013) and Nighthawks 1 (2014).
- The Pilots traded Bluejays 3 (2013) to the Razorbacks for Razorbacks 2 (2014).
- The Lions traded RHP Mike Leake and RHP Esmil Rogers to the Manatees for RHP Pat Corbin.
- The Crows traded RHP Matt Belisle to the Maulers for LHP Brian Matusz.
- The Lions traded RHP Zack Greinke, OF Curtis Granderson, 1B Mark Teixeira, and Lions 2 to the Maulers for OF Andrew McCutchen, 1B Adam Laroche, and LHP Javier Lopez.
- The Crows traded OF Vernon Wells to the Maulers for 3B D.J. Lemahieu.
- The Crows traded RHP Neftali Feliz and Crows 4 to the Razorbacks for SS Zack Cozart.
- The Maulers traded LHP Cole Hamels, 3B Chris Nelson, and OF John Mayberry to the Dutchmen for 3B Pablo Sandoval, OF Nate Schierholtz, and SS Jean Segura.
- The Roadrunners traded LHP Jason Vargas to the Dodgers for RHP Dan Haren and LHP Tyler Skaggs.
- The Crows traded RHP Ricky Nolasco to the Roadrunners for RHP Craig Stammen.
- The Stars traded 1B Edwin Encarnacion and Stars 5 to the Bluejays for RHP Ryan Cook, Bluejays 1 and Bluejays 2.
- The Stars traded RHP Matt Cain, RHP Brandon Morrow and 2B Danny Espinosa to the Razorbacks for RHP A.J. Griffin, C Rob Brantly, 2B Dan Uggla, CF Anthony Gose and Razorbacks 1.
- The Roadrunners traded RHP Dan Haren to the Fighting Irish for Irish 4.
- The Nighthawks traded RHP Koji Uehara to the Lions for LHP Rex Brothers and Lions 5.
- The Nighthawks traded LHP Jonny Venters to the Dutchmen for RHP Blake Beavan.
- The Manatees traded RHP Mike Leake and Manatees 3 to the Roadrunners for OF Denard Span and Roadrunners 6.
- The Maulers traded RHP Scott Atchison, RHP Heath Bell, and OF Josh Willingham to the Huskies for OF Jesus Guzman and Huskies 5.
- The Lions traded OF Jason Kubel and Lions 6 to the Irish for Irish 3.
- The Dodgers traded RHP Tim Lincecum to the Breakers for RHP Mike Fiers and RHP Octavio Dotel.
- The Breakers traded OF Xavier Paul to the Lions for LHP Javier Lopez and Lions 7.
- The Stars traded RHP Jair Jurrjens, OF Anthony Gose, and Bluejays 2 to the Breakers for OF Franklin Gutierrez and C A.J. Ellis.
- The Huskies traded RHP Heath Bell to the Breakers for INF Nick Punto.
- The Huskies traded SS Ronny Cedeno to the Blackhawks for Blackhawks 7.
- The Huskies traded RHP Juan Nicasio to the Breakers for Breakers 4.
- The Huskies traded Huskies 7 to the Roadrunners for OF Roger Bernardina.
- The Maulers traded SS Jean Segura and OF Jesus Guzman to the Dutchmen for OF Hunter Pence, SS Cliff Pennington, and LHP Antonio Bastardo.
- The Dutchmen traded SS Jean Segura to the Bluejays for 1B Prince Fielder.
- The Maulers traded Crimson Lions 2 and Huskies 5 to the Bluejays for 1B Mark Trumbo.
- The Maulers traded SS Dee Gordon to the Gators for LHP Tim Collins.
- The Maulers traded 3B David Freese to the Manatees for 1B Ryan Howard.
- The Razorbacks traded OF Jimmy Paredes to the Gators for 3B Jamey Carroll.
- The Maulers traded Maulers 2 and Maulers 5 to the Manatees for LHP Luis Avilan and Manatees 4.
- The Maulers traded SS J.J. Hardy to the Pilots for 1B Justin Morneau and SS Alcides Escobar.
- The Maulers traded RHP Zack Greinke and Maulers 6 to the Crows for RHP Mat Latos, RHP Craig Stammen, and OF Angel Pagan.
League Directory And History
Download the Strat-O-Matic LZP game files for the 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007 or 2006 season. To install a LZP file, simply navigate to League and then to Restore League.
|James Bailey||Rochester Pilotsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jim Baker||Wilmington Razorbacksemail@example.com|
|Eric Campbell||Jersey Blackhawksfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jim Derer||Rosehill Hornetsemail@example.com|
|Matt Eddy||Mohawk Valley Crimson Lionsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tim Ednoff||Brooklyn Dodgersemail@example.com|
|Tom Edwards||Miami Manateesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Clyde Elkins||Elysian Fields Flying Dutchmenemail@example.com|
|Steve Frediani||Spokane Hooded Crowsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jim Gruttadauria||West Side Bluejaysemail@example.com|
|Mike Johnson||St. Louis Maulersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dave Jones||Lake County Nighthawksemail@example.com|
|John Lamanna||Goldenrod Gators||JLamanna16@comcast.net|
|Ryan McCabe||Fighting Irishfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|George O'Connor||Death Valley Driversemail@example.com|
|Jim Pardee||Columbus Clippersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ray Ross||Northwest Starsemail@example.com|
|Mike Siddon||California Roadrunnersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|John Tresca||Northeast Huskiesemail@example.com|
|Steven Tresca||Cape Cod Breakersfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|E-mail the league|